Deepika Singh is an Indian TV actress who is known for her role as Sandhya in the TV drama ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ which airs on Star Plus.
Diya Aur Baati Hum and acting career
- Diya Aur Baati Hum is the acting debut of Deepika. She plays the role of Sandhya who aspires to become an IPS police officer. However, due to certain circumstances in the family, she gets married to the owner of a sweet shop, played by Anas Rashid. The rest of the story deals with who she tries to achieve her dreams and the help and support she gets from her husband. The chemistry between the couple is widely appreciated by the audience and they won many ‘best couple on TV’ awards for the show.
- Before making her TV debut as an actress, Singh worked as a model in a song for a Punjabi album.
Deepika Singh – Personal life (husband, hobbies and controversies)
- Deepika was born on July 26, 1989 into a Rajput family based in Delhi. After finishing her college graduation, she enrolled at the Punjab Technical University. She later got her post graduate degree in Business Administration with specialization in Marketing and joined the garments business run by his father. Singh was however more interested in acting and had taken part in different theater plays when in Delhi.
- Deepika married her longtime boyfriend Rohit Raj Goyal, the director of the show ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ on 2nd May 2014 at Mira Road. The entire crew and cast of the serial were invited to and attended the wedding.
- Singh loves traveling. Her favorite tourist destination is the UK.
- Deepika had slapped Anas Rashid on the sets of serial due to some disagreement. However, the two reconciled and continued to work so that the serial could continue for the benefit of the appreciative audience.
Deepika Singh – Salary
According to reports, she charges Rs. 20000 to Rs. 30000 per episode. No prizes for guessing, how much Deepika Singh earns per month!