Jennifer Grover Winget is an Indian film and TV actress, TV host, and model.
Jennifer began her acting career as a child artist and appeared in varied movies like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, and Kuch Naa Kaho, etc. as well as TV shows like ‘Shaka Laka Boom Boom,’ and ‘Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya.’
Grover’s first major role in a TV serial was as Anurag and Prerna Basu’s daughter ‘Sneha’ in the popular soap ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay.’ This role brought her fame and a fan following. She then acted in many serials such as Kkusum, Dill Mill Gayye, Kahiin To Hoga, Sangam, and Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa, etc. She played the role of ‘Kumud’ in Bollywood’s producer/director Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s TV debut romantic serial titled ‘Saraswatichandra’ that was telecast on Star Plus. For this role, Jennifer received the Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actress Critics. It is rumored that Jennifer will be seen as a tough police officer in a new Life OK series titled ‘Narco.’
Grover has hosted many TV shows like STAR One’s ‘Laughter Ke Phatke,’ ‘Dekh India Dekh,’ ‘Zara Nach Ke Dikha 2,’ and ‘Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala.’ She was a contestant in reality shows like ‘Comedy Circus 3,’ ‘Zara Nachke Dikha,’ and ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout.’
The 5’5” beauty will make her Bollywood acting debut as a lead actress in the Kunal Kohli directed movie ‘Phir Se.’
Personal Life and Trivia
- Jennifer Grover was born as Jennifer Winget on May 30, 1985. Her family is native to Yavatmal, Maharashtra. Her mother is a Punjabi and father is a Christian Marathi.
- Jennifer grew up in Mumbai. She did her schooling at St. Xavier’s High School. She then went to Mumbai’s KJ Somaiya college and graduated with a commerce degree.
- Jennifer had an off and on relationship with Karan Singh Grover right from the days of Dill Mill Gayye. The couple got married on April 9 2012. However, in November 2014, Jennifer declared that they were separated. It is rumored that Karan is currently in a relationship with Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu.
- Jennifer Winget’s divorce with Karan Singh Grover came out recently. The couple had tied the knot in 2012 but separated two years later. Winget was especially miffed because the divorce decree was spread through social media much before, she had access to it.
- In 2012, Jennifer was featured in the list of the ‘World’s Sexiest Asian Women’ by Eastern Eye.